DO THE MATH!
Find the best solution for your project. We carry the best primers, top coats and stone flecks for your project. Replacing your tub will cost around $3,000.00 dollars, with just a fraction (10%) of the total, you can reglaze your tub. (convenient if you have rental properties).
The price average in California to reglaze a standard size porcelain tub is $275-600. Lets do math…
A new porcelain tub may cost between $400-900, which may be equal or less expensive to the price of refinishing. Before you start shopping and looking around, you have to consider the hidden costs involved in replacing a porcelain tub, which include the following:
- Demolition and removal of the old tub can cost you between $70-150 to the final price.
- Hiring a plumber to re-attach pipes add $299.00
- Installation of the new tub $2,896 according to the national average.
- If you’re thinking of replacing your tub with a shower pan, first consider the effect this could have on the home’s resale appeal.
- Most prospective buyers shy away from homes without a bathtub, particularly if they have children.
- Once you add everything up, that $300 tub turns into a project that costs more than $3,000. There’s also always the chance that you’ll encounter structural or plumbing problems along the way, which extends the time and cost of the project.